Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Thing #14 Technorati Part 2

So I got my blog claimed on Technorati and poked around a bit. It does seem to be a great tool for finding blogs. I used it over the weekend to help me search for blogs about jailbreaking my old iPhone and why my battery was draining so fast. Apparently my OpenSSH was on and drawing huge amounts of power. I was able to pinpoint the problem and fix it and now the battery is lasting many times longer than it did before I jailbroke it.

I am also gratified to see that Google also lets me do a blog search in a similar manner. Those who know me know that I do love love all things Google.

The tagging is a terrific tool to help you organize your own ___________. (Fill in the blank: blog posts, photos, stories, etc.). I can see great advantages especially when you reach the critical mass of items at which point it is no longer really realistic to just browse through looking for stuff.

I can't see any real disadvantages, other than it goes against our basic human laziness to have to consistently tag stuff. That seems like a pretty lame reason not to do it.

Now I just have to remember to tag for Technorati and figure out what tags I want to use.

Technorati Tags

1 comments:

Maria said...

I am constantly amazed that I even have a blog. I can barely check my e-mail.