Saturday, March 07, 2009

Thing #12 Rollyo

Susan Geiger tells me that Rollyo has been around for a long time (in Web 2.0 terms which is apparently measured somewhat like dog years), but somehow I had never run across it. This could have saved me lots of craziness.

If you read my post on RSS feeds you know that I follow a ridiculous number of blogs and since I read them in an RSS reader (Google Reader) I don't have a lot of visual cues to help me tell them apart. So lots of times I will read about something on the fly and later can't remember which of the 9 educational or 7 political or 8 tech blogs that I follow reported on it. So a Rollyo that searchs the blogs that I read regularly can let me look up that entry that I read a week ago and now can't quite remember where it was reported.
Wow, this should save some of that hair that I start pulling out when I can't find that very relevant post I need to win that argument make that salient point next time I am in a desperately heated fight lively exchange of ideas.

0 comments: